Not Forgotten Outreach
Logo Design Contest Rules & Guidelines
NFO is looking for a new visual identity and needs your help. We seek graphic artists from all walks of life to submit a logo design, and we especially encourage veterans and military family members to participate. The winner of the contest will receive $200, two tickets to the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad, an NFO t-shirt, recognition on our social media pages, and our immense gratitude!
What we are looking for in a logo design: Our work is dedicated to the reintegration and whole health healing of veterans and military families with an emphasis on sustainable farming methods. We want our logo to incorporate aspects of military themes while also going beyond the rigid structure of the military into wholeness, wellbeing, growth, peace and life. In other words, we want our logo to have some kind of visual association with the military, and at the same time create an association with growth and wellness.
Details that must be on the logo:
- The logo must say “Not Forgotten Outreach” in the font EB Garamond. Please use this font for any other text that you include in your design, if any.
- Colors used in the logo should be warm, muted, or neutral tones (i.e. no fluorescent colors).
- The design must be able to look good in black and white, in color, and in different sizes.
- Due to the requirements of high-quality printing, entries must be submitted as a scalable vector graphic and a JPG file format.
- Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 PM on January 1, 2024.
- Submissions must include the following information:
- Name of person(s) who designed the logo;
- Mailing address;
- Phone number;
- Whether the designer is a veteran or military family member.
Other Contest Guidelines:
- Each individual designer may submit up to three (3) different entries.
- Each entry may have up to two (2) variants (each variant must have an SVG and JPG file format).
- Designers may work in groups but must designate one person to receive the prize.
Selecting a Winner:
- NFO staff will have final approval over NFO’s new logo and we reserve the right not to select a winner if no suitable entries are submitted (unlikely).
- If there are multiple great options, which is expected, then we will ask folks to rate their favorite designs from a list of finalists during the Military Appreciation Ski Week happening at Taos Ski Valley on January 16-21, 2024.
- NFO will announce the winner via social media and will notify the winner via email on or before February 1, 2024.
- The winner may be asked to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to NFO.
Intellectual Property and Legal Disclaimers:
- All designers affirm their submissions are their own original work and do not violate the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
- All entries will become the sole property of NFO and may be used for any NFO purpose, including, but not limited to, display on websites, business cards, letterhead, posters, and other materials.
- NFO shall have the right to adapt, edit, modify, or otherwise use the winning submission in part or in its entirety in whatever manner it deems appropriate.
- NFO reserves the right to use any other entry for promotional or business purposes in the future.
- NFO is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or otherwise unusable entries, including entries that are lost or unusable due to computer, internet, or electronic problems.
- NFO may extend the submission deadline if necessary and may delay the announcement of the winner.
Thank you for your interest and a special THANK YOU to the team at the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad for their generous donation of the grand prize! Good luck!