To apply for VetCorps Crewmember positions, hit button above.
All positions begin September 14, 2020. Position is a part-time service member position through AmeriCorps. Full description below:
Not Forgotten Outreach VetCorps Crewmember Position Description
Position Type: Seasonal, Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Schedule: 22.5 hours per week; 23 week service term
Stipend: $6,050 over entire service term (before taxes), distributed in biweekly increments
Reports to: Program Director
Location: Not Forgotten Outreach, Taos, NM
VetCorps offers veterans and their families a service opportunity to engage in a 2nd Mission: feeding local children and the community. VetCorps members participate in agricultural projects at Not Forgotten Outreach and engage in therapeutic activities to strengthen the ability of veterans to transition successfully into civilian life. This position will be demanding both physically and mentally as you learn and engage in agricultural projects. Agricultural projects will include hydroponics, traditional row crops, and animal husbandry. All VetCorps members will receive both personal and professional development training in topics such as hydroponics, USDA food safety, beekeeping, seed saving, row crops, permaculture, acequias, land revitalization, farm business tactics, and marketing Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Skills, and “whole health” lifestyle skills.
NFO VetCorps Crewmember is an AmeriCorps position requiring a minimum of 450 hours of service. Upon completion of service, members receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $1612.43.
· Communicate effectively with VetCorps Crew Leaders and other Supervisors
· Effectively serve with all team members to complete projects
· Engage and learn from all educational training sessions
· Ensure a safe environment both physically and mentally
· Comply with standards set forth in the VetCorps handbook
· Maintain a positive and respectful attitude
· Support Not Forgotten Outreach community events that may occur during weekends and evenings
· Serve with community volunteers and other organizations
· Establish and develop relationships with community members including youth
· Rotating weekend duties to ensure that plants and animals are taken care of
VetCorps members may be offered an opportunity to help others during a natural disaster, if called upon.
· Armed Forces Veteran; or immediate family member related by blood, marriage, or adoption of an Armed Forces Veteran
· Commitment to the entire season (September 2020-February 2021)
· Lift or move up to 50 pounds occasionally, up to 20 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds constantly
· Insurable driving record, the ability to operate a motor vehicle, and a valid driver’s license
· Work outdoors in all weather conditions
· High School Diploma, GED, or enrolled in a GED program
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
To apply, please fill out an application at the button at the top of this page.
For more information on the position contact email@example.com, or call (575) 224-1503