Adaptive Skiing/Snowboarding Scholarships are now available for Disabled Veterans! For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Not Forgotten Outreach, Inc. (NFO) is pleased to provide adaptive inclusive recreation for Disabled Veterans through the VA Adaptive Sports Grant. It is a perfect opportunity for respite, to improve relationships and enhance your personal well-being. This year, NFO is offering two different types of scholarships this year for Disabled Veterans to participate in adaptive alpine skiing, ski-biking or snowboarding.
- Option #1: six day scholarships with or without lessons for adaptive skiers and snowboarders.
- Option #2: one or two day scholarships with or without lessons for adaptive skiers and snowboarders.
If you are interested, please fill out the application above, and return it firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, so be sure to apply early if you are interested. All applications close at the end of TSV’s ski season. After NFO reviews a scholarship application, we will schedule an interview with NFO and one with a Taos Ski Valley Instructor to set expectations for the visit.
The Disabled Veteran and his/her family will only need to pay travel expenses from their homes to and from Taos Ski Valley. The Scholarship includes local lodging, meal reimbursements, and all-day adaptive lessons/equipment rentals. The caregiver/assistant will also receive rentals and meal reimbursement.
Last year during the “Military Appreciation Ski Week,” participants described how the natural environment facilitated family healing and community reintegration. Participants loved being in nature and feeling free on the side of a mountain during NFO’s winter sports program. For any questions about the program, email email@example.com or call (575) 224-1503.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this season will be different. To keep participants, NFO staff, and TSV staff safe, the following provisions are applicable to all scholarship recipients.
- Open to All Disabled Veterans in the New Mexico VA Health Care System.
- NM Health Orders, Taos Ski Valley’s & NFO’s COVID-19 Safety Policies must be followed, including TSV Guest Pledge https://www.skitaos.com/winter-operations
- Applicants must have some experience in adaptive skiing or snowboarding.
- Applicants must be accompanied by a caregiver/assistant both on and off the mountain, who can ski with them at all times to handle any personal hygiene or other needs the participant may have.
- Applicants must attend a Zoom interview with a Taos Ski Valley Instructor to set expectations for the visit.
- The scholarship can be canceled at any time due to COVID-19 Concerns
- The pandemic has also limited the number of instructors available, therefore some disabilities we may not be able to host this year.
About Taos Ski Valley
Taos Ski Valley would like to thank the Men and Women and Families of the Armed Services. Located in northern New Mexico, Taos is one of North America’s premier ski and snowboard destinations, with more than 305 inches of average annual snowfall and more than 110 trails. Taos has a relaxed, friendly atmosphere; spectacular scenery; and amazing terrain–truly making it a world of its own. To learn more about Taos Ski Valley (USA Today’s #1 Ski Town 2016/17), please visit www.skitaos.com.
About Not Forgotten Outreach, Inc.
Not Forgotten Outreach, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) dedicated to motivating Military Members and Veterans, their Families, and Gold Star Families of Fallen Heroes to participate in recreational, therapeutic, and farming activities in order to facilitate the healing process. Serving over 4,800 Military Families in 2017, NFO provides opportunities to improve relationships, build comradeship and at the same time enhance “Mindfulness” and personal well-being. For Further Questions or Sponsorship Opportunities please contact Don Peters, firstname.lastname@example.org (575) 224-1503.
Thank you to VA Adaptive Sports Grant for sponsoring these scholarships
All Not Forgotten Outreach events are alcohol & drug free